We're very excited you found us.
We understand that visiting a church for the first time can be an intimidating and awkward event. Here is some information about what to expect. We hope this helps to put your mind at ease - and perhaps even lead to a more meaningful experience.
Let Us Tell You about Worship.
- Sunday Morning Worship. - 9:30 am. We think of our Sunday morning service as a "blended" worship experience mixing more formal and less formal elements of worship around a theme. There's a wonderful variety of music offered by our choirs and sung by the congregation. A reflection on a scripture passage and how it relates to our lives is given by the pastor Barbara, which includes a scriptural reflection. Worship is followed by classes for all ages.
- Children Are Welcome. Children are welcome in worship. A time for children is incorporated into worship each week. We have children's activity bags on a stand at the Sanctuary entrance. If you prefer, nursery care is available all morning for newborns through Kindergarten. The nursery is located down the east hallway (closest to 11th Street) on the main floor. We also have a Cry Room in the northeast corner of the Sanctuary.
- Everyone is welcome to receive Holy Communion. Communion is offered on the first Sunday of each month at stations in the front of the Sanctuary. Communion is offered by intinction with gluten free bread and grape juice.
- What do people wear? Some people enjoy dressing up for church. Others prefer jeans and a t-shirt. You are welcome to wear whatever feels most comfortable for you.
- Where do I park? Parking is available in three locations - on the street in front of the church, and in our two parking lots (located to the west of the church corner of Monroe and 12th and in back of the church on the corner of 11th and Jackson). Please use one of our designated Visitors spaces.
- Will I be recognized during the service as a visitor? No, but we do hope you will complete the attendance sheet found in the bulletin.
For additional information to help you get to know us, please visit:
- Activities - Community Outreach, Building Better Moms, 4F Group, Game Nights, Calendar, Women's Shelter
- Youth Ministries - VBS 2015, Mission Trip, Youth Schedule
- Music Programs - Choirs, Music Staff, Amore Music Series, Noack Organ, Choir Library Database