United Methodists are...
- We are followers of God know to us in Jesus Christ.
- We hold the core beliefs of the Christian faith.
- We are guided by God speaking through the Bible interpreted by tradition, reason and experience.
To learn more visit Our Christian Roots.
Living in Response to God’s Grace
(God’s love at work)
- We believe God loves all people unconditionally.
- That in God shows that love in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- We live our lives in response to God’s love by being people who show Christ’s love.
- Life is a journey in which we continue to grow in our ability to love like God does.
To learn more visit Our Wesleyan Theological Heritage.
A Diverse Community
- The heart of Methodism is not a doctrine but a life style of love for God and neighbor.
- People in our church seek to follow Christ and agree to disagree about doctrines.
- We listen to each other with respect and seek to grow in understanding.
- First United Methodist is a reconciling congregation and welcome all persons into full participation in the life of the congregation regardless of age, sex, racial, or ethnic background, sexual orientation, physical or mental condition, or marital status.
Mission-oriented, socially conscious
- The purpose of the United Methodist Church is to train disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- We are involved with people's lives, with political and social struggles, combining personal faith and social action.
- Our congregation is working with others to meet people’s needs in Corvallis.
- We are a Natural Step Congregation committed to sustainability and good stewardship of God’s creation.
To learn more visit Church and Society.
Connected to other United Methodists
- We are part of a world-wide church with over 13 million members.
- We work together with other United Methodist Churches in ministry.
- We are part of the Oregon- Idaho Annual Conference (203 Churches).
To learn more visit: www.umoi.org
To learn more about United Methodists visit: www.umc.org